Video ad spends in the upcoming years

Online marketing is growing at a fast pace and video marketing makes a huge chunk of it.

Digital ad spending is expected to overcome traditional ad spending by the end of the year thanks to projected growth of 16.6 percent to reach the $333.25 billion mark.

In fact, digital marketing has already outgrown traditional marketing in some countries like China, Canada, and Norway. Video marketing can be credited for the huge success of online marketing.

Since videos offer high ROI, more companies are now willing to try digital marketing.

Video Marketing – Some Stats

Video is expected to represent about two-thirds of non-social display ad spend.

According to figures, we spent $26.82 billion on videos in 2017, which equalled to about 53.1% of the total expenditure. The number reached $31.97 % in 2018 and is expected to hit the $43.23 billion mark in 2020, equalling 66.6% of the total expenditure.

The Growth in Video Marketing

According to experts, mobile phones can be credited for the huge success of videos. Thanks to mobile devices, we can watch videos on the go.

YouTube and other such platforms are making it easier for advertisers to reach a wider audience.

The scenario is shifting in favor of mobile devices and companies are now working to cater to mobile users.

In 2018, about half the amount was spent on desktops. The number has now fallen to 40% and is expected to fall down to 28.8% in the next three years. On the other hand, mobile spend is going to reach 71.2% of total expenditure by 2022.

Source: PubMatic 2019 Global Digital Ad Trends

Despite the huge increase in budgets allocated to mobile videos, we are still far behind when compared to the growth in the number of mobile users.

Mobile Video Ads – What The Users Want

According to a report conducted in 2018, about 60 percent of digital ad budgets were allocated to videos, reaching a total of $10 billion last year.

Despite the shifts, desktop expenditure also remains strong and most businesses are interested in spending more on video ads.

Only 3 percent of businesses intend to decrease ad spend.

Who Spends the Most on Videos?

Total expenditure can be divided into programmatic and non programmatic, each having almost an equal share.

The US is the largest programmatic market with a total expenditure of $7.76 billion in 2018. It’s expected to increase at a rate of 30 percent to hit the $10.05 mark in 2019.

The country with the highest YOY change is Brazil. It spent $0.65 billion in 2018 and the amount is expected to reach $1 billion in 2019.

China, Japan, and UK stand on the second, third, and fourth post respectively with the average YOY change of 33 percent. This amount, however, does not include social media.

When it comes to programmatic markets, Australia tops the chart with a total spend of $700 million in 2018, expected to hit the $850 million mark at a rate of 25 percent.

Indonesia, however, is the fastest country, growing at a rate of 105 percent and expected to hit the $300 million mark by the end of the year.

Conclusion

As evident from the information shared above, more companies are turning towards video marketing as it offers great benefits.